Top 10 Vintage Clothing Stores in the US with Amazing Restaurant Nearby
1. Vintage Clothing Stores Beacon’s Closet (New York City) – Misi
Beacon’s Closet is a popular vintage clothing stores in NYC, featuring a vast selection of unique items. After shopping, visit Misi, an Italian restaurant known for its handmade pasta and farm-to-table ingredients.
2. Vintage Clothing Stores Wasteland (San Francisco) – State Bird Provisions
Located in San Francisco’s Haight-Ashbury neighborhood, Wasteland offers a wide range of vintage clothing and accessories. When you’re ready for a bite, head to State Bird Provisions, a Michelin-starred restaurant offering Californian cuisine with a modern twist.
The Way We Wore is an LA hotspot known for its high-end vintage clothing collection. Just around the corner, you’ll find République, a French-inspired bistro housed in a historic building, serving mouthwatering dishes in a unique setting.
4. Vintage Clothing Stores Ragstock (Chicago) – Girl & The Goat
Ragstock has been a go-to destination for vintage lovers in Chicago for decades. After shopping, head to Girl & The Goat, a lively and eclectic eatery helmed by renowned chef Stephanie Izard, who serves up globally inspired small plates.
5. Vintage Clothing Stores Lula B’s (Dallas) – Pecan Lodge
Lula B’s offers an extensive array of vintage clothing and unique collectibles. Once you’ve had your fill of shopping, indulge in some of the best barbecue in Texas at Pecan Lodge, where slow-cooked meats and mouthwatering sides reign supreme.
6. Vintage Clothing Stores The Garment District (Boston) – Myers + Chang
At The Garment District, you’ll find an immense assortment of vintage clothing and costumes. Afterward, treat yourself to a meal at Myers + Chang, a funky Asian-inspired eatery that’s perfect for sharing plates with friends.
7. House of Vintage (Portland) – Le Pigeon
House of Vintage is a treasure trove of one-of-a-kind vintage finds in Portland. Just a hop, skip, and a jump away is Le Pigeon, an intimate French bistro offering a daily-changing menu of innovative dishes.
8. Vintage Vortex (Miami) – Mandolin Aegean Bistro
Vintage Vortex is a Miami favorite for its eclectic selection of clothing and accessories. Nearby, you’ll find Mandolin Aegean Bistro, a Mediterranean oasis offering fresh and flavorful dishes in a charming garden setting.
9. Buffalo Exchange (Austin) – Uchi
Buffalo Exchange is a popular vintage clothing store in Austin, known for its curated selection and friendly staff. After snagging some stylish finds, head over to Uchi, a contemporary Japanese restaurant renowned for its exquisite sushi and innovative dishes.
10. Tatters (Minneapolis) – Spoon and Stable
Tatters is a Minneapolis gem, offering a wide variety of vintage clothing and accessories. Once you’ve explored the store, make your way to Spoon and Stable, a chic
eatery featuring a seasonally inspired menu and a cozy, welcoming atmosphere.
A Closer Look: Store Highlights and Restaurant Recommendations
Beacon’s Closet: Vintage Wonderland
- Must-see sections: 80s and 90s fashion, statement jewelry
- Restaurant recommendation: Misi’s ricotta gnocchi and tiramisu
Wasteland: A Timeless Fashion Haven
- Not-to-miss items: Designer vintage pieces, bohemian clothing
- Restaurant recommendation: State Bird Provisions’ quail and ricotta pancake
The Way We Wore: Hollywood Glamour
- Best finds: Vintage couture, period clothing
- Restaurant recommendation: République’s escargot and duck confit
Ragstock: Eclectic and Affordable
- Unique offerings: Ugly Christmas sweaters, festival wear
- Restaurant recommendation: Girl & The Goat’s goat empanadas and roasted cauliflower
Lula B’s: The Vintage Emporium
- Must-visit sections: Mid-century furniture, quirky collectibles
- Restaurant recommendation: Pecan Lodge’s beef brisket and jalapeño mac & cheese
The Garment District: Costume Central
- Top picks: Halloween costumes, themed party outfits
- Restaurant recommendation: Myers + Chang’s pork and chive dumplings and Korean BBQ
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do these vintage clothing stores have an online presence?
Yes, most of the stores mentioned have an online presence, allowing you to browse and shop from the comfort of your home.
2. Are these restaurants suitable for a variety of dietary restrictions?
Absolutely! Many of the featured restaurants cater to various dietary needs, including vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free options.
3. Do I need a reservation at these restaurants?
While some of the restaurants on this list accept walk-ins, it’s always best to make a reservation, especially during peak dining hours or weekends.
4. Are these vintage stores and restaurants budget-friendly?
While the price points may vary, both the vintage stores and restaurants on this list offer a range of options to suit different budgets.
5. How can I find more vintage clothing stores and restaurants in my area?
You can use websites like Yelp, Google Maps, or local blogs to find more vintage clothing stores and restaurants in your area.
6. Is it possible to find vintage clothing stores with amazing restaurants nearby in other countries as well?
Definitely! There are countless vintage clothing stores and amazing restaurants to be discovered worldwide, so don’t hesitate to explore new places and enjoy a unique fashion and food experience.
Conclusion: A Perfect Pairing for Fashionistas and Foodies
The top 10 vintage clothing stores in the US with amazing restaurants nearby offer a unique and unforgettable experience for both fashion enthusiasts and food lovers. So, why not plan a day of shopping and dining at these fantastic locations? You’re sure to find fabulous vintage treasures and enjoy mouthwatering cuisine in some of the country’s most beloved spots.